Thursday, June 14, 2012

SEO Marketing & Etsy

I am currently on a soap making hiatus.  My twin girls turned 5-years-old this week, and so I've thrown myself into party prep and web marketing.  So far I have learned a bunch of things but two things really stand out.

1. Piping "real" cake frosting is by far easier than piping "fake" bath bomb frosting.

2. SEO and relevancy marketing is tough!  There's a reason why business people pay techy people to do this stuff for them!

There are a few things that I have discovered with SEO marketing that has made it easier.

The first thing I did was read up on it.  There are lots of great articles and YouTube videos out there on the subject, most of them made my head hurt, but a few of them were helpful and at least gave me a path to follow. 

The second thing I did was join SEO & Relevancy Team on Etsy.  This group of savvy internet marketing gurus gave me people to turn to when I had questions.  They even have a group that will critique  your Etsy listing for FREE.  As part of this critique I was given a bunch of great keywords and reasons why they would be more helpful than the ones I was using, an awesome suggestion on a title change, and gave me a structure and a process to follow so that I could make changes to my other listings.  It was a great experience, and I highly recommend it to anyone else who is struggling with SEO marketing who has an Etsy shop!  You can find the group HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment